How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4950
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

How can I download the software from hmrc to file my

This answer was rated:

How can I download the software from hmrc to file my corporation tax?
I have tried numerous times and it always pops up a message saying that I need an authorised signiture... I am a AAT sudent at the moment and I am using Sage 50
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am confused; why do you wish to 'file my corporation tax?' Corporation Tax is levied on companies not individuals. Could you please elaborate on your query.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would like to file corporation tax for my limited company. I have tried to download the software from hmrc website but unfortunately no luck
You surprise me. If you have what was a Government Gateway reference for your company and passwords and authentication codes you should be able to log in and download a CT600 in either the long or short format fo complete. It is possible that your computer does not have sufficient memory to download the form. My old Toshiba certainly hadn't and I had to go next door to use theirs for this return. My current HP notebook has no such problem. Don't forget that the CT return has an option to extract abbreviated accounts for Companies House filing. I always use this option as it saves yet another chore.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.