How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4800
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

National ins number YR 79 92 97 C Ref: 507/HA40058 I

Customer Question

Hi national ins number YR 79 92 97 C
Ref: 507/HA40058
I retired from work 25th May 2015 my actual retirement date was 7th May 2015 am I eligible for any tax for the extra time I stayed on at work.
Thank you
Dianne Klym
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Unfortunately not, the PAYE system would have taken into account your additional work time. Depending on any income received after your retirement eg State Pension you may have overpaid tax in the 15/16 tax year, but this will all come out in the wash when you self asses at the year end. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.