How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4952
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I've just been advised from Lloyd's bank that they deducted

This answer was rated:

I've just been advised from Lloyd's bank that they deducted tax from the 8% interest on my PPI redress in march 2012 of 5000, I was a nil rate tax payer for the year ending April 2012, do I fill in form R 40 to claim a rebate, also I'm concerned about the 4 year deadline, they haven't given me tax certificates only confirmation that they deducted it.
Thank you for your assistance.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I would advise you to complete a R40 without delay, but for the tax year in which the PPI award was made to you. I do hope ghat I have shown you the wat forwsd in this matter.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you , but does it matter that I don't have a certificate of interest

No, you do not need to support your claim as HMRC will have a record of Lloyds' deduction of tax. Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
Thank you for your excellent support.