How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I do not normally pay tax but this year I have taken a trivial

This answer was rated:

I do not normally pay tax but this year I have taken a trivial commutation and paid £4593.40p on total of £24463 what happened to this tax I have paid in future as of next year I will only have my basic state pension and not be due any tax .can I claim it back in future years
Hi. The taxable part of the pension payment is taxable in the tax year that you took it and won't affect future tax years. If you think you are entitled to a tax repayment, complete one of the forms here, here or here. The one you complete depends on your circumstances so read the notes at the bottom of the page to determine which one you need. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok tony I have spoken to you before I have been taxed on my current tax code and am sending off for a refund but I was thinking does this only apply to the one year
It will only apply to the year that you got the pension payment. It won't affect future tax years.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you