How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7510
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have shares in a listed company in india. this would have

Customer Question

I have shares in a listed company in india. this would have high CGT component and low initial investment. I wish to use this to make an investment in a Holiday Letting Property in UK using the Business Investment relief. I understand I need to make an application to HMRC through a form I will need some professional help for the same. Also I and my wife but are Non Domiciled as of now. We arrived in the UK in 2000 and have been UK resident tax payers and British citizens. We understand the deemed domicile law will impact us from 2017April onwards.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please try to get a response from a tax consultant. If you are not in a position to respond in a reasonable time i.e. 2 days then I would like to have a refund of the monies paid through my credit card.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Is this company in India your company? Will it be sold/closed down once you withdraw/sell your shares. Have you declared this income to HMRC each year? If you wish to be treated as non domiciled, then although this will allow you to not declare unremitted income from abroad, you will incur a remittance charge due to the length of time you have lived in the UK. So please advsie what income you will have arising from countries other than the UK Thanks Sam