How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14196
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am about to set myself up as a short-term freelancer

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am about to set myself up as a short-term freelancer whilst I find a permanent position. Would this present a problem in terms of taxing at the point when I switch from one to another?
Thank you
Hi Thanks for your question No, not at all, you will need to register as self employed with HMRC as clearly this freelance work with fall within this remit, and then when the permanent "employed" position starts just advise HMRC if the freelance work then ceases. Then with the employment - when it starts just advise them that you do not have a P45 and they can then get you to complete the appropriate starter forms Let me know if I can assist further ThanksSam
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you