How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4970
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Please could someone advise me re the tax allowances

This answer was rated:

Please could someone advise me re the tax allowances for a married couple both pensioners one a non taxpayer and the other a taxpayer and how do we apply for any additional allowances.
Thank you in anticipation.
Dorothy Molyneux
Hello Dorothy, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The non tax payer can transfer 10% (GBP 1060) from their personal allowance to their spouse. The procedure is available from the Gov UK web site here: Whether the process will continue automatically to the following tax year I would not like to comment. The various information sites are remarkably silent on this point, but I will probably know when my 16/17 tax code comes through, which I expect any day now! I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.