TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.

I heard this morning about a £1,000 tax refund. Not sure what

I heard this morning about a £1,000 tax refund. Not sure what this is about, may I please have further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi. Can you tell me how you heard about a £1,000 tax repayment please.
I've made a phone call offer but we should be able to clarify your situation through this dialogue.
Can you let me have your phone number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My phone number 01903 369342 or *********** I heard about the refund on Morning breakfast show by martin Lewis
OK. Let me see if I can find anything on that before I call you.
The only thing I can find is on the personal savings allowance which comes into effect from 6 April 2016. You can read about it here. Basically, from 6 April 2016 a basic rate taxpayer can earn £1,000 in tax free interest in a tax year. This will be in addition to the personal allowance which is offset against income. I can get you a refund of your phone call charge as I don't see any point in putting you to that expense needlessly. Would you like me to do that? I initially thought you may have had a scam letter from a fraudster saying you were entitled to a tax repayment of £1,000.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for the information, much appreciated. Please may I have a refund of the phone call. Thanks again
OK.I will arrange that for you.