How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17204
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I am a non taxpayer with just the statutory government pension

Customer Question

I am a non taxpayer with just the statutory government pension can I transfer my unused tax allocation to my husband. We have been married 56 years and retired 16 years.
He has a small Company Pension as well as the OAP pension and has to pay tax
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
HelloMarried Couple’s Allowance could reduce your tax bill by between £322 and £835.50 a year.You can claim Married Couple’s Allowance if all the following apply:you’re married or in a civil partnershipyou’re living with your spouse or civil partnerone of you was born before 6 April 1935If your spouse or civil partner pays tax, you can transfer any Married Couple’s Allowance that you haven’t used because:you don’t pay taxyour tax bill isn’t high enoughFill in form 575 or ask HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to post you a copy.