How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4783
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have had an heart attack and registered disabled as a result

Customer Question

I have had an heart attack and registered disabled as a result we have had a downstairs bedroom built, I use this bedroom(as I am unable to climb stairs).Do I qualify for a reduction in Council Tax?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Bad news, I'm afraid; Disability Rights UK gives a summary of possible reductions in Council Tax here: The Disability Reduction Scheme would appear not to apply leaving you the Council Tax Reduction Schemes which vary from one local authority to another. Scotland has a separate system under devolved powers. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.