How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

My wife and I have put money into our Ltd company over the

This answer was rated:

My wife and I have put money into our Ltd company over the last 13 years. We currently operate a shop as picture framing and arts and crafts. Can we diversify into something else to increase the profits and then remove the loan free of tax a little at a time
Hi. When you lend money to your own company, it is not taxable income if and when when you withdraw it. It it was taxable, nobody would lend money to their own company. So long as you have recorded the cash injections as loans, then you should have no problems. As far as diversifying within the company, the Articles of Association should allow it to conduct almost any type of business. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Tony - so in theory we could start buying and selling cars through the company? or something similar.
Yes, you could. Check your Memoradum and Articles of Association. The accountant may have those.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you