How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4951
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

As my landscaping company grows my wife is going to deal with

This answer was rated:

As my landscaping company grows my wife is going to deal with accounts and small amounts of advertising and marketing. She is disabled and claim benefits. If I lease a small car (through the business) for her use (both business and personal) and pay no monthly wage to her, can I claim the costs back? Will this affect her benefits?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You can certainly claim the lease costs of the car through the business. Just ensure that you keep a record of business and private mileage and only charge to the company that element of the leasing and running costs applicable to the business usage. The alternative is to have the private usage costs put through as a benefit in kind which in comparison is quite a palaver you can probably do without . I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know how my wife's benefits will be affected?
Not if you take the 'charge the company only the business use of the car' route, then no benefit in kind kicks in.
bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Thank you for your support.