How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4799
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm a sole trader picture framer, less turn-over than VAT threshhold

This answer was rated:

I'm a sole trader picture framer, less turn-over than VAT threshhold so not registered. My pictures are to be displayed and sold from the showroom of a VAT regisered furniture maker. The sales will be through their till/card machine. I will be charged a % commission of sale price. Is the VAT on the commission or the full sales price?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The VAT should be on your commission only as the furniture maker will be acting in a banking capacity for the balance of the transaction. I do hope that my reply has been of some assistance.
bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your assistance.