How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4952
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

What is the subsection OF 169 TCGA 1992 disposal of shares

This answer was rated:

what is the subsection OF 169 TCGA 1992 disposal of shares by a director
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Could you be a trifle more specific, please and then I can try to assist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Entrepreneurs relief, fulltime working director of business trading Co. Revenue have asked client to confirm which subsection of 169 tcga 1992 the relief is claimed under.
Oh, I see what you are getting at. If you are going out of that business altogether you may be entitled to Entrepreneurs' Relief which is at a flat rate of 10% on any gain as opposed to the usual 18% or 28% depending on your income including the gain in the year of sale. HMRC are, as usual, being particularly stupid. The relevant sub section would appear to be s169(3) as 169(2) refers to unincorporated business enterprises. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.