How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I completed a tax return /2015 and it calculated

This answer was rated:

I completed a tax return for 2014/2015 and it calculated I was due a rebate/refund of just over £9000.
In previous years when I was due a rebate I was posted a cheque of they paid it into my account directly.
Do I need to make a separate claim or should I just wait or should I contat IR
Hi. If you put your bank account details into the boxes on page TR6 of the SA100 form here, then the tax repayment should go straight there. If not, then you should receive a cheque or payable order as it is called by HMRC. Delays can occur if the repayment is selected for a random security check or a box has been ticked on your tax account to stop automatic tax repayments. If I were you, I'd call the tax office on the number here to find out what the situation is. Sometimes, the automatic repayment process stalls for no apparent reason and it needs human intervention to give it a jump start. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much