How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4948
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a YouTuber and most of the money I am paid comes from

This answer was rated:

I am a YouTuber and most of the money I am paid comes from a gaming network based in America. I am paid via Paypal in USD but gets converted automatically into GBP when I withdraw it into my bank account. I was wondering if there is any other tax assosiated with this e.g. Foreign Income Tax?
I did ask my network if they deduct any tax at their end and they said they don't.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Gaming is outside the scope of UK individual's taxation so there is no tax liability as far as the UK is concerned and such activities do not have to be declared. However, if you spend all your time on line gaming, HMRC may classify it as a business subject to Income Tax.. I do hope that I have set your mind at rest on this matter.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.