How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4764
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Keith, I was thinking about paying myself GBP8060 or

This answer was rated:

Hello Keith, I was thinking about paying myself GBP8060 or GBP10600 and then arranging for a payment of GBP3600 into a pension. I understood that what I earned in UK which in this case upper limit GBP10600 would only be subject to personal company NI contributions in UK, yet in Spain I would need to pay 25% tax at this level so would end up paying 25%. I am sorry for my ignorance on double tax treaty. At this stage I am not drawing a wage in Spain until the branch here starts business. As I am one of two shareholders and my partner who is Spanish and the major shareholder does not wish to take dividends it makes it difficult for my options.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to bw able to help you with your question. Thank you for asking for me. You could pay more than GP 3600, this is the maximum you can pay if you have no earned income. If you have earned income then you or your employer ie the company, can pay up tpo 100% of your emoluments into a pension fund subject to an overall limit of 45K. As you have surmised you use the company route have to be careful not to exceed the NI lower income limit. If you do this the UK/Spain Double Taxation Convention is irrelevant. I do hope that you have found my reply useful.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.