How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14153
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Who do i talk to? past two or three years I have

Customer Question

Who do i talk to?
for the past two or three years I have written to Edinburgh and then Liverpool to tell them that i seem to be paying too little tax especially now that I am in the 40% bracket.
They should have all my details as i Previously made tax returns showing all my income and after being told that i did not need to send in any more returns I filled in a form showing my two pensions and my OAP together with my investment and savings income.
Now my tax code only shows the pensions . I have requested to fill in a tex return but my request has been ignored.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your question You can do one of four things 1) if you are already registered to file self assessment online - you can simply continue to complete self assessment2) If you are not registered online for self assessment - you can register and simply file the tax returns OR3) instead of just writing to say you think you might be paying too little tax - actually send the details of your incomes after each 5th April so they actually have all the evidence to assess your position (it may be you had previously advised the incomes and figures - if so then continue to do this if you do not action the other suggestions)4) Telephone HMRC PhoneTelephone: 0300(###) ###-####extphone: 0300(###) ###-####utside UK: +44(###) ###-####all HMRC for advice on Self Assessment.If you have a National Insurance number and Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) have them with you when you phone. Opening times:8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday8am to 4pm Saturday And phone as soon after 8am or as close to 8pm as possible - this will ensure you get through almost straight awayMake sure any correspondence you make to HMRC you keep copies of - and also might I suggest you do not use Edinburgh or Liverpool but instead use Self AssessmentHM Revenue and CustomsBX9 1ASUnited Kingdomwhich has been the self assessment address for the last 3 years Let me know if I can assist further Thanks Sam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. it seems to give me the line to follow. I will not be signing on for an account.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your response Thats fine do you not need to sign for an account nit it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided, so Just Answer credit me for my time (or click accept) which comes for the payment you have already made Thanks Sam