How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17624
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

About to undertake a contract out in Holland, as a company

This answer was rated:

About to undertake a contract out in Holland, as a company we are leasing houses and operatives will be working a shift system of 10days on 4 days off , will our operatives be subject to tax / NI in the Netherlands as well as in the UK???
HelloWhen a UK employer sends an employee to work abroad temporarily (for up to 2 years) the employee might have to carry on paying National Insurance - they won’t have to pay social security contributions abroad. If were an employer in an EEA country or Switzerland, your UK employees would normally pay social security contributions in that country instead of UK National Insurance.The NI is paid in one or the other country but not both and this is dependent on length of service and where the employer is located.Employees carry on paying UK National Insurance for the first 52 weeks they are abroad if they are working for an employer outside the EEA, Switzerland and bilateral Social Security agreement countries, and they meet the following 3 conditions:your employer has a place of business in the UKyou’re ordinarily resident in the UKyou were living in the UK immediately before starting work abroad You as the employer should use the above link.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The employer / me is a UK based company , we do not have fixed time scales for the job duration as yet but could range from 8months to 5 years , as previous the company is renting accommodation for all operatives and they will return to the UK every 10days for 4 days then return back to Holland for another 10 day shift.
To access site we have to register with the relevant local authorities in Holland ie. town hall and state length of our works another company there have just signed and said 3months which we think could cause issues down the line and want to do everything correctly but obviously operatives do not want to be subject to taxation in both the UK and the Netherlands , but are a bit weary as they think this is what will happen as the contract progress's
what would be your thoughts on this???
You pay in one or the other not both.Your company needs to use the link I supplied. The company fills in form CA3822 for every employee each time you send them to work in another EEA country.This way the NI stays in UK.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.