How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Is the sale of shares in a UK registered Limited Company by

This answer was rated:

Is the sale of shares in a UK registered Limited Company by a non-resident company or individual to non-resident individuals/non-resident company subject to UK capital gains
Hi. In most cases, such gains won't be taxable in the UK. Non-UK resident individuals will only pay CGT on such gains if they are classed as temporarily non-UK resident, the definition of which and how it is applied you can read here. Gains made by non-resident companies controlled by 5 or fewer individuals may be taxable in the UK if any of the individuals are temporarily non-UK resident when the gains occur and they return to the UK within 5 years of leaving the UK. In that case, the individual may be taxed on the gains or a proportion of them depending on their shareholding. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you