How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I asked you the stamp duty on shares question (duty

This answer was rated:

i asked you the stamp duty on shares question (duty unpaid from years ago)
in the minutes re dividend payments would you be inclined to change 'to be paid to the members on the register as at (date)' to 'to be paid to the beneficial owners as at (date)'-given that the transfer of the shares on which duty is unpaid cannot be recorded in the company's statutory books?
I cannot see any harm in doing that. Many small company owners don't go to such detail with their statutory records so you will be ahead of them certainly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the accountants produced the minutes and voucher as they said need to record or hmrc might attack divi as salary
i'll change the wording in the way we've discussed
thank you
That's fine as far as I'm concerned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for your help
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you