How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4770
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Im a sole trader. I employed a guy (who i sacked a few months

Customer Question

Im a sole trader.
I employed a guy (who i sacked a few months later)
My book keeper was supposed to organise the whole PAYE for the guy which took ages (her dragging her heals or some other reason, i dont know)
In the mean time she told me what deductions i should make and i put this in another account waiting for detials on where it should go.
He's gone now and my book keeper is saying it cant be back dated to his start date so just return the money to him and get him to self assess and pay it himself.....
Any advice would be great
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am not happy with this, just send it to HMRC with an explanation. However, having siad that RTI should still work even if belated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Booker told me she couldnt back date it.. Ive no interest in getting in an arguement with her as im not confident on the ground i stand on.. So in regards ***** ***** is to HMRC.. is this easy to do? Can you give a brief 'how to'?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Get rid of your book keeper and engage a more competent person. Write a letter to HMRC and ask for guidance as to what is to be done to rectify the situation.