How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5145
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

If I setup an offshore LLP where I am the sole member do I

This answer was rated:

If I setup an offshore LLP where I am the sole member do I have to declare the income derived from it in the same way as I declare it for a UK based LLP?
For a UK based LLP tax is charged at 38.5 and 45% on dividend based incomes from the LLP. If my offshore LLP makes a profit of £100k do I have to declare the entire £100k as my UK income or do I only have to declare the dividends I pay myself and keep the rest of the profit in the LLP?
I am a UK domiciled resident and passport holder.
Thank you for your question.As a UK resident for tax purposes, you are taxed on your worldwide income and gains arising in the tax year. For tax purposes, profits of your offshore LLP are taxed in the hands of the members. In other words, the members are treated as earning the profits, irrespective of whether the profits are actually paid out to them.In your example the entire £100k would be chargeable to UK income tax. More information on this can be found here (look under UK Tax Treatment of Overseas Entities) I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask mebefore you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer. Best wishes.