How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4935
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm a solo trader. I was involved in taking a non paying customer

This answer was rated:

I'm a solo trader. I was involved in taking a non paying customer to small claims court, however they counterclaimed. It got very messy so I desided to get out of the situation and ended up paying them. Can I now claim that payment against my tax?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Legal fees disbursed in connection with your business are allowable against Income Tax (IT). I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Thank you for your support.