How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am live in carer working on self-employed base.but as I am

This answer was rated:

I am live in carer working on self-employed base.but as I am from Slovakia, I really have a problem to manage my tax return... So I am looking for someone to help me :'(
Thank you for your question..Please asvise what sort of help is needed .. have you already registered for self assessment? Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have.
Thank you for your reply..I would like you to be more specific in what kind of help are you looking for..This would enable me to give your correct guidance. Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please excuse me, I can not to write now, but will be back later. Thank you. BTW, what is your name, please?
Thank you for your reply.. you can write your question on this thread here and I will answer it. Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, to give you more information. I am from Slovakia, therefore not a UK resident, but am working in the UK as a live-in carer on a self employed basis. I have registered for self assessment at the end of March 2015 and have a UK national insurance number. When the time came for me to do my tax return for 2014/2015 I tried to do it online but as I could not enter a UK passport number , the computer system advised that I could not use the online service and would had to do a paper return. I have since filled these forms in to the best of my ability and have sent to the tax office but to date have not had a reply from them. I had only just started my self emloyed working during the tax year 2014/2015 so only earned a very small amount approx £500. However, I am now due to submit a tax return for 2015/2016, during which I have earned considerably more,and I would like advice on the following please: a) will the tax office automatically grant me a tax free personal allowance of £10600 b) if they don`t, as a member of the EU, can I apply for the allowance and if so, how do I go about this c) do I have to do a paper tax return or is there any way I can use the onlineservice? c) can you advise on any expenses I can use to offset against tax, eg. flights that I take to travel too and fro to my work? d) does the UK tax office offer any free advice for foreigners working in the UK? I have telephoned my tax office but they seem unable to offer any assistance. Many thanks from Daniela
Daniela, thank you for your reply and additional information.The attached document has my answers to all points raised by you. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask mebefore you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for that information, very helpful. I have been told that, even though I an not a UK resident, if I am living/working in the UK for more than 183 days I am automatically considered `resident` by the UK tax office and would then, I`m assuming, be automatically entitled to a UK personal tax allowance? Is this correct please?
As you are living in the UK for more than 183 days in a tax year, you are regarded as UK resident for tax purposes. You will get UK personal tax allowance against your income in the UK. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.I will appreciate if you would kindly rate/accept the service I provided to ensure Iget credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer. Best wishes