How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17125
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I'm a foreigner but resident in the uk,all my income come from Saudi Arabia ,do

Customer Question

I'm a foreigner but resident in the uk,all my income come from Saudi Arabia ,do I have to pay tax in uk,if my salary goes in my uk bank Account?
And how much time i have to declare my self, selfemployed since I start receiving my salary?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloResidents normally pay UK tax on all their income, whether it’s from the UK or abroad. If your domicile is not in the UK (your main home) then you don’t pay UK tax on your foreign income or gains if both:they’re less than £2,000 in the tax yearyou don’t bring them into the UK, eg transfer them to a UK bank accountAs you have that money coming into the UK, you are taxed on the income because you are resident in the UK.Send your tax return by the deadline (31 January if you file online).If you didn’t send an online return last year, allow extra time (up to 20 working days) as you’ll need to register first.