How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4778
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Can you help with LBTT ?RegardsPeter

Customer Question

Can you help with LBTT ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My company is buying a former social club that occupied two townhouses in Edinburgh
We have planning consent to change use to six flats.
1 Can we calculate LBTT based on residential? ( six flats get relief) ?
Or does it have to be Commercial?
If commercial can we tell the solicitor our own accountant will do the tax return?Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we simply write to the planners and say its now residential?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. For a solution to this problem you will probably have to consult Revenue Scotland for guidance. Their address is: Revenue Scotland Opinions, PO Box 24068, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh EH6 9BR. For LBTT it is normal for the tax to be negotiated and paid by the purchasers solicitor. I will offer you a telephone call, but I suggest that it will not get us any further forward as you will have to consult Revenue Scotland.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could answer questions that way Keith
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
This is a power only just devolved to Scotland so is still bedding in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everybody knows that Keith
I thought I was consulting an expert
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
You are, but this is a very new tax. Your best solution is to seek guidance from Revenue Scotland which is what I would do were I formally consulted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not one on LBTT evidently Kieth. I could be one with that answer
I know there are tax experts on this subject such as Shepherd and Wedderburn etc
I needed a quick answer from someone who knows about LBTT as I clearly statedP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send my money back
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Then I suggest that you consult the respected firm Shepherd and Wedderburn. For a refund of your fee you must approach Just Answer Administration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stick to what you know Keith
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your guidance.