How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I have withdrawn my un crystallised fund pension under the

This answer was rated:

I have withdrawn my un crystallised fund pension under the flexibility rules,, I retired from the NHS June 2015 can you please let me know whom I have to tell please, I receive NHS pension and my state pension,I. Received £10,884.52 after paying an amount of £3,379.07 tax, who do I inform about this amount I have received please
Barbara ********


Can you tell me when you made the withdrawal please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.


Leave this with me while I draft my answer.

You don't necessarily have to inform HMRC of your pension withdrawal as they will be informed by the pension payer in any event.

However, you may be due a repayment of some of the tax deducted from the pension payment and that will depend on what other income you have in the 2016/17 tax year. Take a look at the notes on pension withdrawal here. As you accessed your pension under the flexibility rules, you should complete a P53Z and sent it to the address at the bottom of the form. This will enable HMRC to assess your tax position in advance of the end of the tax year and make any repayment of tax to you if you have overpaid so that you don't have to wait until after 5 April 2017.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you