How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17177
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I bought a house in march 2001 and sold it March 2016 My financial

This answer was rated:

I bought a house in march 2001 and sold it March 2016 My financial advisor needs to know what my CGT will be so that he can plan my future investments. . Details as follows
Bought for £80.000 Sold for £160.000
Purchase costs £1865.00 - Selling costs £2730.00
Lived in it for 1 Year Rented it for 14 Years.
I have paid tax on the rental income through self assessment
Am now a non tax payer.
Beryl Hookings
£80865 would be your gain. £40,000 of Letting Relief is allowed which leaves £40865.You will pay 18% on residential property (£7355).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has allowance been made for the year I lived in it and the 18 months relief on selling?
I did take that into account in my estimate.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you