How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4966
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Recently sold my house do I have to pay tax on profit of

This answer was rated:

recently sold my house do I have to pay tax on profit of £110.000

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I have assumed that this house was your sole or main domestic residence. In that case, although the profit is liable to Capital Gains Tax (CGT), you are entitled to Private Residence Relief (PRR) which relieves CGT at 100%. PRR is given automatically and the gain does not need to be declared on your annual self assessment tax return, if indeed you need to make one. The majority of UK taxpayers do not need to make a return.

I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.