Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

How much savings can an individual accrue annually and can

How much savings can an individual accrue annually and can this be carried over ?

Thank you for your question..

Please expand on this ..carry over of savings in what context?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my husband and I saved £15,000 (fifteen thousand pounds per annum) so £30,000 in our household ,could we have £180,000 saved over 6 years tax free ?

Thank you for your reply.

There is no limit to how much can be saved in general.

At present, you can save £15,240 in a tax free ISA (individual savings account). This can be saves in the form of cash ISa, stocks and shares ISA and an innovative finaance ISA, or a combination of the three.

The answer to your question is you can save £180,000 over 6 years tax free under current tax rules.

Tax free ISAs are available to individuals who are resident in the UK.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

best wishes