How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am giving my property to my dter as gift will I have to

This answer was rated:

Hi I am giving my property to my dter as gift will I have to pay capital gains tax n how much on aproprty worth 350000 tx


Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

Can you tell me more about this property.

Is this your only property - do you live in it and have done since purchase, will you continue to live in it after you have gifted it to your daughter, and if so will you pay her rent?

If this is not a property you live in or there has been a time when it was not your home, then please advise

Date of purcahse

Price at purchase

Dates this was not your main residence



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought for 155000 buy to let in 2002 it was on rent there is no finance on it it is my second property present value is 350000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also was adviced to create a trust in my dters name what benefit is in that thank u Sam


I have clicked on your request for a phone call but it has been accepted by another expert - can you clarify you have received a telephone call and your questions have beend ealt with?