How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 19919
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

If you inherited a sum of money from abroad (eg. 28,000

This answer was rated:

If you inherited a sum of money from abroad (eg. 28,000 pounds) would this amount be subject to UK Tax?


You don’t usually pay tax on anything you inherit at the time you inherit it. The estate of the person who died usually pays Inheritance Tax.

If you earn interest on the money then that amount would be taxable to you.

TaxRobin and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you