How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5143
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Non-resident (EU resident) who runs Ltd company in UK.

This answer was rated:

I am UK non-resident (EU resident) who runs Ltd company in UK. Company bank account is currently in another EU country. Obviously, I need to apply for VAT when threshold is reached. As I understand, company needs UK bank account before before it can apply. Does it have to be UK bank or it may be UK branch (London branch for corporate clients only) of my current EU bank?

Thank you for your question.

Provided you are able to transact out of the UK branch of your current EU bank and it has a sort code and account number for its London Branch you would be able to provide those bank account details on the VAT application form.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. So this is sorted. Talked to my bank today, apparently their UK branch cannot upen bank account for UK company in UK. So I am back to square one. I have no intention to move to UK, so it makes it impossible to open bank account there. I have been looking into new banking, like Monese (, but currently they only serve private customers. Any ideas would be welcome.Best regards,
Indrek Aps

Thank you for your reply.

Banks are getting strict and have introduce a lot of restrictions.

You say you run a UK based Ltd company, I presume with a UK business address.

I am providing you with a link to a bank for you to contact and see if they woudl open an account.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided before you leave the site, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I will try my luck with Metrobank. I wish you all the best.Best regards,

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.