How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5143
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

My company ceased trading on 31 March 2016 which is also the

This answer was rated:

My company ceased trading on 31 March 2016 which is also the year end for the company. The following have been done:
Companies House return for year 2015-2016 has been submitted
HMRC return and computations for year 2015-2016 has been submitted
Corporation tax for year 2015-2016 has been paid
I understand that HMRC need to know about any corporation tax which is due for the period between the company ceasing to trade and company closure (1 April 2016 - 31 July 2016). There isn't any corporation tax due for this period and on the profit loss/balance sheet everything will be zeros.
I am going to send HMRC a copy of the DS01 with a letter explaining that the company will soon be dissolved by Companies House. From what I have read HMRC will accept just the profit/loss sheet to show there is no corporation tax due for this period - is this correct? (also do I need to send CT600?) or do I have to file accounts online (bearing in mind the current accounting period hasn't ended yet)
Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your question..

Once you have filed a copy of DS01 at the Companies House, you should send a copy of it with a covering letter stating your CT matters are up to date and that there is no further tax to pay.

This would suffice and there will be no need to file a CT600.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes