taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My company ceased trading on 31 March 2016 which is also the

My company ceased trading on 31 March 2016 which is also the year end for the company. The following have been done:
Companies House return for year 2015-2016 has been submitted
HMRC return and computations for year 2015-2016 has been submitted
Corporation tax for year 2015-2016 has been paid
I understand that HMRC need to know about any corporation tax which is due for the period between the company ceasing to trade and company closure (1 April 2016 - 31 July 2016). There isn't any corporation tax due for this period and on the profit loss/balance sheet everything will be zeros.
I am going to send HMRC a copy of the DS01 with a letter explaining that the company will soon be dissolved by Companies House. From what I have read HMRC will accept just the profit/loss sheet to show there is no corporation tax due for this period - is this correct? (also do I need to send CT600?) or do I have to file accounts online (bearing in mind the current accounting period hasn't ended yet)
Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your question..

Once you have filed a copy of DS01 at the Companies House, you should send a copy of it with a covering letter stating your CT matters are up to date and that there is no further tax to pay.

This would suffice and there will be no need to file a CT600.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes