How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4763
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have accept a new job a few hours drive away from my

Customer Question

I have accept a new job a few hours drive away from my current home. the plan is to move the family to the new location but this will take some time. in the meantime I will rent a flat/hotel. Can I claim tax back on this temporary arrangement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Getting to your place of work is your financial responsibility and always has been. Were your employer to reimburse you for your hotel/flat expenses then those payments would be tax free; otherwise you are on your own.

I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.