How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7508
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Its a story, not sure you can help but trying to find out

Customer Question

hello , its a long story, not sure you can help but trying to find out how the online form for corporation tax calculates profit as I keep getting an error message - The previous period total must tally with the profit and loss account value in the balance sheet. Check your answer(s) and amend where necessary.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: not sure am not an accountant - I suppose I need to find out previous years submission so I can type in correct amount
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

It appears this return is not your first CT600 return.

Please let me have images of pages

- profit and loss account

- balance sheet

- statutory notes - profit and loss account

I will review your figures and respond to you.

Many thanks