How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14197
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have a number of funds invested via Bestinvest. These

This answer was rated:

I have a number of funds invested via Bestinvest. These include some overseas Unit Trusts and some overseas OEIC and overseas ETF's. The consolidated tax return lists total dividends from these funds at around £600 which has been paid net.
I am trying to complete my self-assessment tax return and I cannot work out how or where to declare these dividends. I can't do it on the normal return because the amount is over £300 and I can't make much sense of the foreign pages.


It would not be the end of the world if you declared these as UK dividends on the main part of the self assessment return as the company whom handles your portfolio is UK based. and you are NOT expected to break these down into individual returns and its such a small amount. And I assume all were paid to you in sterling?

If it was several thousands and direct foreign investments then you would have to use the foreign pages due to the different currencies and tax rates

Let me know if I can assist further



Sam and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you