How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I run a small private company which owns and maintains a

Customer Question

I run a small private company which owns and maintains a private road of 25 houses. The turnover is £10000 pa with £1000 of this going into a sinking fund for long term repairs (road, pavement, trees etc). I have been asked to fill in a CT620 but because I am unable to do this I have asked an accountancy company to file this on our behalf. We pay no tax but have to pay the company £800 for the filing of the CT620.
Would I be able to find a way to file the CT620 myself to save this relativey high cost?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I mean CT620 or CT600?
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I will review your question and will respond to you shortly.

Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question..

You need to complete CT600 return. I am able to help you complete it by offering additional service here.

What is the company year end?

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company year end is 31st December. Our agents filed our 2014 year approximately one year overdue (due 30th September 2015 - filed August 2016). Therefore our 2015 year is due on 1st October 2016 and I have already submitted our full set of accounts, cheque book, pay-in book and receipts to our agents.
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You say you have already submitted the paperwork to your agents.

Will they not file CT600 return?

What help would you need?

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because of the lateness of the first return we received a bill of £3571 from HMRC based on tax against bank account of £15000 plus non filing fine of £500 and interest of £71. When our agents eventually filed the return (this month) all figures were reconsiled to zero. However HMRC sold £200 of monthly accrued fines to a debt recovery service which it seems that we will have to pay on top of our £800 fee to our agents. I am not satisfied with their performance.
Yes I think they will submit the CT600 but not necessarily on time. Hence my coming to this site.
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

There is little I can do if you have

forwarded the paperwork to agents

have to settle the debt

I will opt out.

Many thanks

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and can possibly put in a few pennyworth of thoughts as I see my colleague has opted out.

I would suggest that you could take a recovery action in the Small Claims Court, where no costs are awarded, to seek to get the agents to reimburse for all penalties incurred through their own tardy actions if that is indeed the case. You should also consider reporting their antics to their professional body, if they have one.

I do hope that you find my assistance of some use.