How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7509
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have a pension from PARTNERSHIP ASSURANCE. I receive gross

Customer Question

I have a pension from PARTNERSHIP ASSURANCE. I receive gross £520 per month and this year they have taken off tax of approx. £40 leaving me £480. Previous years I have shown it as gross and their website calculates the tax with my other income. How and where and i what detail do I show this year this pension income as if I put in £480 I will be taxed again on this amount. I have already paid this tax at source.
Thank you *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello Amir, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and plesed to help you with your question.

It is not unusual for pensions to be taxed at source. However, you will not be taxed twice as your self assessment tax return requires you to declare the income and any tax deducted [boxes 11 & 12] and this will be taken into account in the taxation computation.

I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter.