How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

We are selling property abroad and want to bring money in We

This answer was rated:

We are selling property abroad and want to bring money in
We will pay cgt in India
What tax liabilities will I incur in uk

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I will review your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your question. As a UK resident for tax purposes you are taxed on your worldwide income and gains.

You report the gain made from sale of property on supplementary pages SA108 when you file your tax return.

You claim foreign tax credit relief against tax suffered on that gain in India.

CGT rate applicable would be 18%, 28% or a combination of both depending on taxable income including the gain. You would claim annual gains allowance against the gain and the rest is taxable.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes