How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7561
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I will be 65 years old in October 2016 and unemployed. I

Customer Question

I will be 65 years old in October 2016 and unemployed. I have deferred my state pension until a later date.
I intend to pay Class 3A voluntary contribution of £22,250, can I claim income tax relief on this amount on my tax return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid that tax relief isn't give for any type of national insurance contributuion.

I hope this clarifies things for you but let me know if you have any further questions.