How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14196
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have money put away for me in a trust its being held as

This answer was rated:

Hi I have money put away for me in a trust its being held as standard life bonds or something like that, I live abroad and have never earned not paid any money or tax in the uk and I'm now being told I have to pay capital gains tax / the trust has to pay it...


Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts on Just Answer.

It will be the trust that would suffer the tax which is appropriate - but if its you then there could be ways to mitigate this - so please advise whether its you that has suffered or the trust



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know I'm waiting to find out more but my aunt one of the trustees seems to not want to send me the documents so I can get it checked out properly and I'm only going on what she's telling me... She has sent me these emails and I believe that this is incorrect as to the tax rates I have seen on the uk gov website, could you explain to me the tax rates? Did my files attach?