How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7508
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have been getting Working Tax Credits since May. Now they

Customer Question

I have been getting Working Tax Credits since May. Now they have been stopped and some of the money has to be returned because my ex has not sent his form in. How can I get him to sign it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer

I would appeal this decision as they cannot simply stop your tax credits just because your ex has not completed his form - this has no impact on your claim.

So please advise

Since May has this always been a sole claim (just for you)

Is it just for working tax credits or also for children's tax credits

What information do the Tax Credit office state your ex needs to provide

I can then advsie further