How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4950
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My wife is gifting me 50% of a rental house that she owns.

This answer was rated:

My wife is gifting me 50% of a rental house that she owns. Is there any tax to pay on the transfer?

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Inter spousal transfers are outside the scope of UK taxation.

In the long term when the house is sold there will be a Capital Gains Tax (CGT) liability on the pair of you.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.