How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17609
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

What this application is for? Application for refund of

This answer was rated:

Hello, What this application is for?
Application for refund of Class 4 National Insurance contributions
Is it applicable if you've lived in UK and you are going back to your country for good so you can refund all your contributions?

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

No, that is for if you have over paid.

You can’t claim back any National Insurance when you leave.

Anything you’ve paid might count towards benefits in the country you’re moving to if it has a social security agreement with the UK.

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it true that there are companies that can pay you a lump sum towards your pension contributions ?

Some can when you leave employee and meet their pension rules for this. Ask your employer if they can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that applicable if you are leaving uk for good and you are not 55 plus years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Self employed

You would need to meet age requirements even if you are leaving for good.