How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14153
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have just started a job as an executive driver working for

This answer was rated:

i have just started a job as an executive driver working for a travel company. I am keeping my own records for my self assessment tax form. I pay the travel company £350 a week for the use of their car, which they take out of my overall earnings. Can the £350 i pay for the car be classed as an expense for tax relief ?


Thanks for your response

Yes indeed as its almost like rent for use of the car so an expense incurred which then allows you to earn money

So you will declare as income the full amount earned - and then deduct the £350 as an expense (along with any other expenses) leaving the net profit on which tax and National Insurance is considered.

Let me know if I can assist with this question further, or, if you have the complete answer, it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided (or click accept)



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you