How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14200
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Im enquirering weather im owed any tax from tax years 2009

Customer Question

im enquirering weather im owed any tax from tax years 2009 upto 2015
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on Just Answer.

HMRC can only go back 4 years (so to 201) but what makes you think you might be due a tax refund, have you had gaps in between employment, or unemployment - please advsie further

If you are not sure, but just want HMRC to review then you will need to write to them to check back your previous tax year position and you quote your National Insurance number and write to

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment

HM Revenue and Customs


United Kingdom

Do let me know if I can assist further