How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14166
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

How successful and persistent areThe international debt

Customer Question

How successful and persistent areThe international debt recovery unit of HMRC in collecting long outstanding uk income tax assessments from individuals no longer resident in the UK but domiciled in the Channel Islands?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on just Answer.

The scheme seems to be very successful in collecting old debts by bringing in other countries tax jurisdictions into play to assist collecting taxes owed and if you owe my advsie is to comply with HMRC and see if you can agree a time to pay plan, or ask an accountant familiar with UK tax (if you are still situated abroad) or a UK tax accountant (when you are due to make a visit to the UK) to manage this on your behalf.

Let me know if I can assist furtehr and I am sorry if this is not what you hoped to hear.



Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


Please do let me know if I can assist you further