How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14196
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My question is regarding Tax Assistant: Thank you. Can you

This answer was rated:

My question is regarding Tax
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I am self-employed,, in the 2 years previous to this one I have been with an offshore umbrella company I think I already have an account with money in through justask, how can I confirm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have since created a Ltd Company as I grew suspicious of how this offshore umbrella were working. I have been under Garraway solutions for 2 years previous to this tax year. HMRC sent me the attached letter and I am wondering what is the best action to take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my accountant charge me a considerable amount of money already for advice (which is fight this) and another accountant saying he would calculate amount owing to go to HMRC handed with advice (which is to call them and come to an agreement), again at a charge of several hundred pounds. I'd appreciate a clear answer with reasons why, I believe they are a registered tax avoidance scheme
I've tried to call Garraway e-mail and contact them online and they are gone, no where to be seen so I cant gian information/advice I need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


I can offer you a telephone call but I should advsie this will incu an additional charge to that which you have already paid to post this question, if you would like to proceed, then I can send you an additional service requesr



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam, thanks for reaching out, is it possible to respond in writing on this one for now with your view/thoughts as I've already paid out a serious amount without really getting anywhere. I want to know in essence with these schemes am I better 1, going with my london accountant who informs me to fight it and if needed involve counsel (although at thousands more to fight it with them against hmrc) or 2, as my local tax man in Cheshire says get the facts admit you may owe some having been a naughty boy to a degree ring hmrc and try to resolve and nip it in the bud. They'll be more lenient as you've reached out to them. Really appreciate your thoughts thanks Andrew

HI Anderw

Thanks for your response and of course we can proceed with this as Q&A

I agree entirely with your local tax man - you are in breach of tax evasion though having entered one of these schemes and I would provide the information that HMRC ask for, and take the hit with tax owed plus any interest and penalties.

To fight it would be throwing good money away - so go with your local accountant and the fee they will charge to represent you with a full disclosure and their attempt to try and mitigate some of the charges for you - this would be money well spent

Let me know if I can assist further



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice, so you say there is no real chance of winning against HMRC and I am just prolonging the inevitable in addition to wasting energy, time and my stress :-(


Yes - and this set up has inevitably seen you pay less tax than you should of - so there is no winning against that factor - ans yes you would just be prolonging the inevitable


If you have all you need, it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided (or click accept)



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you